Friday, January 8, 2010

I'll mention yesterday because it was a first. With a stack of root vegetables, I tried braised stuffed lambs hearts with vegetables. I did it all a little messily, but not unsuccessfully. As it happened heart is lovely. Something of the texture of kidney or liver, but with a meatier taste. The lamb flavour was certainly noticeable. I liked it. Sadly the veg was a little too sweet as an accompaniment, especially with a stuffing that included lemon peel. I'm a savoury guy. Still another tick on the list and one I will revisit.
Tonight I had lamb again, or rather mutton dressed as lamb. Basmati rice and Lamb Rogan Josh. Just a jar I'm afraid, though I added celery, onions, shallots, cumin and some fresh tomatoes. Tasty, but mutton dressed as lamb is still mutton. I left it as long as I could but it was still a little tough.
For the record, lunch was potato and leek soup, breakfast juice and a hazelnut yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment